Hello from NY

keifer75
Registered users
Registered users

Hello from NY

Post by keifer75 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:40 am

Hello all,
My name is Keith and I am from Richmondville NY, which is about an hour south of Albany. Just picked up a 88 maroon 5 speed 929 for $250 bucks. It has been sitting for about 4 years. Before it was parked in the garage it came from the owner replaced the timing belt, but new tires on it, along with new shocks as well. It will need a tune up for sure as it seems to run a little rough after not being start in such a long time. I am really looking forward to learning more things about these cars. I will post pictures once I give it a good wash, thing has about an inch of dust on it right now.
keifer75
Registered users
Registered users

Re: Hello from NY

Post by keifer75 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:33 am

finally got some pictures, this is how it sits at the moment, got it running a bit better, changed the plugs and wires. found out the cat converter is clogged, going to punch it out this week, then just have to run 2 new fuel lines and it should be all set.
jitb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jitb » Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:42 am

WOW nice pickup 5speed!! u got a gem right there!
keifer75
Registered users
Registered users

Post by keifer75 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:53 pm

picked up a new air filter today, exhaust gaskets for the front and rear of the cat and a new pcv valve. Going to tackle everything one day next week when I finally get some free time. I did not know how rare and hard to find a 5 speed model of this kind was until I found this forum and mazda world as well. I will post picture along the way as things come together.
Rixmeister
Registered users
Registered users

Post by Rixmeister » Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:26 am

wow for $250 thats too good price to let it go :) and specially 5-speed, thats really nice find and good luck with your car, take good care of her ;)