Site Admin
Site Admin
Make: Mazda
Model: Luce
Year: 1988
Body Code: HCFS

My JF-T Luce Limited

Post by Matsuda9 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:33 am

Well, it has been a while since I even had a look at the old girl had to get few bits out of her the other day and realized how i miss that car. :cry:

With the purchase of Patrol for the wife, old girl was not used since, and haven't really been driven for a while. However, i think i am back and we will start working on her. :(

My 'mars bar'

So what are the plans, don't know yet, for the moment will be going a long and doing things as they need to be done, first up, getting this thing fitted 8-)

Custom unit, dual core, huge tanks, keeping the transmission cooler, in-tank temp sensor, Ford Falcon Dual fans all prepped by Race Radiators.
Not cheap, but best part NO PLASTIC TANKS, after two Luces and 3 rads, no thank you :pissed:

The show will be ran by this little guy

Dual Fan controller, multiple ways of starting and RPM and best part using the factory sensor (i used one in the tank that is on 121/323/626 temp sensor) not a switch, which is fantastic, if ever on top i want to install a gauge to see temps at the rad :)

Also got this guy to ensure i will not get crap in the rad

Next step, get size reduces for the Radiator Filter; before install, make the hose connecter to flush the system, fit pod filter (new tanks do not have the mounts for the snorkel) and tempted with waterless coolant.

anyway, updates (sadly) will be slow, but we will get there :ninja:
Matsuda9
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: My JF-T Luce Limited

Post by Matsuda9 » Sat May 16, 2015 2:28 pm

So, as expected, the progress is slow and painful. Today have finally washed her and got her going... DAMN I MISS THAT CAR.

The boost, i love the boost, the stance, the shape.... hate the paint, but everything else, my lord i love this car :)

so after sitting for a while, seems one of the tires developed a bulge, expense i wish that i didn't have but they are getting very bald and Melbourne's weather is not kind to slicks.
Matsuda9
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: My JF-T Luce Limited

Post by Matsuda9 » Fri May 22, 2015 11:44 pm

Found my colour name... So we have: Gentle Maroon Mica Metallic(3Q) over Warm Silver(H2040). It all feels Gentle and Warm now