Somewhere around 2010 I found online a 929, which got my attention. Took the call and made an appointment. Me and my friend went to see the car. It was in a dry garage, had been sitting there for a couple of years or so. Previous owner had started an engine swap, unfortunately didn't finish it, which meant no running condition. I really liked the car so we made an agreement that the owner holds the car in his garage until I get a chance to haul it.
Picture from the ad
As ground had dried around the garage and transporting the car became possible we made the trip and took it to my country home. As the car had only half of the engine under the hood and I saw no chance to find the original engine, I buried the idea of searching for it. A friend of mine offered me BMW's M50B20 from an running E36. I swapped basically the whole E36 for my '97 Civic that I was tired of.
My '97 Civic
Years flew by and 929 was still sitting at my garage. I had no time nor ressource to work on the Mazda.
I had army service coming and I decided to reduce my car park by one car at least. Last summer I even tried to sell the 929, for that I had to tidy it a little.
Opel Rekord E towing the 929 on a dolly.
To give it a little more commercial look I got it to our workshop. Mayor problem that the car had was rear axle's attachment points, they were totally rotten.
Rear axle's attaching point
Got the alloys sprayed and some rubber on them. Tried some kind of "HELLA" wing on it if I recall, might have come from a VW Derby I once had. Also removed the fugly licence plate lights.
929, Senator A, Rekord E1 2DR,, Multipla, Rekord E1 4DR
After I was ready to advertise the car I just could not do it, I had fell for it again, probably even harder this time. So I decided I'm going to keep it and instead I sold my Lincoln.
My '91 Continental
Now that the Continental was sold and about a week left to spend in the workshop I heard of a 929 4DR in the junkyard, I was told that it looks like it might have been driven there, which meant I might have a hope to get it running before I take off. I have to mention we actually aren't here allowed to buy "junk metal" from junkyards, fortunately we had a guy working there who helped us with the case. I took the tools and removed all I needed from the car: FE engine with gearbox, front and rear axle, some extra bits. It took about 2 hours to get it all off the car. On the same night I got it installed to mine and even fired up.
From there on there haven't been any physical progress on the car. Although I haven't forgot it.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest