Registered users
Registered users
Make: mazda
Model: 929
Year: 1989
Body Code: hc

Coolant levels

Post by nosrider » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:37 am

I have recently have just put in a new thermo stat in my v6 mazda and it says that i need to put in 9.4 litres of coolant but when i go to do it i use a little over 5 litres and i dont have any over heating problems..... If any one knows of this problem and knows what to do please comment as to what i can do to solve this problem as i love this car so very much. i also want to do this car up too with turbo and all so all comments would be a plus. :D
habib1987
Registered users
Registered users
Make: Mazda
Year: 1990
Body Code: HC

Re: Coolant levels

Post by habib1987 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:34 pm

All I could suggest is, make sure your heater core isn't blocked, Although this would only use around a litre.

The car should take around 9.4 litres including the overflow tank. So take 1 litre roughly off that, soo 8.4 litres for the radiator/heater core & engine.

Fill the system as much as you can, run the engine too bleed any air out of the system, add extra coolant required. If you're unsure, take it too your local radiator repair shop, a flush & new coolant should cost around $100. Ask them too do an electrolysis test as well.

Also about thermostats, if you bought an aftermarket one, it will look quite different.
Always get a genuine one, aftermarket ones I've encountered in the past weren't quite up too the task & didn't work properly. If they dont, you could cook your engine, and you dont want that.
nosrider
Registered users
Registered users
Make: mazda
Year: 1989
Body Code: hc

Re: Coolant levels

Post by nosrider » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:04 am

cheers for that my main man. it has helped quite alot too now i can sigh of relief lol i dont have to consistly look at the temp gauge now. :D