Registered users
Make: Mazda
Model: Sentia
Year: 1996
Body Code: HD

Swaying

Post by lowkey » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:16 am

Hi everyone!
I have recently purchased a Mazda Sentia exclusive 1996 everything has been fine up until a few weeks ago. The rear end tends to sway alot it feels like driving a boat on the highway and around town. I've done some research and found that it could be a number of things like worn struts,sway bar bushes and rear knuckle bushes but wanted to know if any else has come across this before. The sentia is completely stock no mods.
Matsuda9
Site Admin
Site Admin
Model: Luce
Year: 1988
Body Code: HCFS

Re: Swaying

Post by Matsuda9 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:03 pm

Have not had experience with HDs but in general "floating" rear usually comes from a number of thing and replacing only one will just be temporary (old parts mixed with new increase wear on new)

the sway bar bushes are simple and cheap (both the ends and to chassis). If the car running on factory shocks, you probably be better looking at replacing them (would replace all 4 just to make it ride close to new).

Get under it and just have look at bushes around you will notice the wear (most of the bushes are centred) also just pull arms about, they should have minimal play, If there is play put focus on those parts.

best i can offer for you
lowkey
Registered users
Registered users
Model: Sentia
Year: 1996
Body Code: HD

Re: Swaying

Post by lowkey » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:04 am

Hay Matsuda9 thanks for your reply have just taken car through a warrant of fitness which is ever 6 months which basically is making sure your car is road worthy anyway the mechanic had picked up on the right rear outer tie rod end which had been causing the swaying set me back allot of $$$$ to get replaced as we dont have many parts for this car in N.Z however thanks for your help much appreciated