Make: Mazda
Model: 929
Body Type: Sedan
Year: 1989
Mileage (Km): 253914
Transmission: Automatic
Drive Train: Rear Wheel Drive
Air Conditioning: Yes
This car was purchased in November last year for $2000.

Soon after purchasing the vehicle, it developed a transmission-related issue.

The instrument warning panel shows the 'HOLD' light flashing, and appears to severely limit the vehicle to only the first 2 gears, and those gears feel free to slip at their own leisure. I am told it is in a type of 'Limp Home' mode. I'm also unable to engage reverse. The V6 Fires Hard, idles well and cranks first time every time, but I feel its performance is being restricted by the transmission issue.

The car has sat idle outside my house since then due to work pressures. During this time, the registration has lapsed. Don't get me wrong, I love the car and I'm sad to see it go, but many factors are driving this decision. In other words, I simply lack the time to commit to repairing this vehicle.

Outside, The Arctic White paint is in excellent condition, thanks to regular care by its previous elderly owner, but some of the lower plastic door mouldings need replacing. Chrome is pristine, Tint is faultless (and 35% VLT). 5 near-new tyres on 15" Factory Alloys, with the full recovery kit still intact.

Inside, the cabin is a very nice place to be, with all dash plastics, surfaces, trims and velour seating in perfect condition. As far as electrics go, its got the lot: Power Windows, Power Mirrors, Central Locking, Cruise Control, Icy Air Conditioning, Tinted Sunroof.

Guys, I am totally lost here...... Is this a simple fix? Am I better off Listing this one on ebay or gumtree? I Dont wanna lose it, I love it :-P

HELP!!!
Matsuda9
Site Admin
Site Admin
Model: Luce
Year: 1988
Body Code: HCFS

Re: HC 929 HEEEEEELLLLLPPPPP

Post by Matsuda9 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:36 pm

Welcome :)

Blinking HOLD generally indicates to an electric issue (sadly may not be limited to). best idea is to pull the codes and see what it may gibe you.

since the 929 information is limited, but here is one from MPVClub (MPV is almost the same thing): http://www.mpvclub.com/diy.php?id=82

These are great cars but love being looked after, if you do, then it will love you back, if not might as well gt rid of it :(
habib1987
Registered users
Registered users
Model: 929
Year: 1990
Body Code: HC

Re: HC 929 HEEEEEELLLLLPPPPP

Post by habib1987 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:57 pm

Matsuda9 wrote:Welcome :)

Blinking HOLD generally indicates to an electric issue (sadly may not be limited to). best idea is to pull the codes and see what it may gibe you.

since the 929 information is limited, but here is one from MPVClub (MPV is almost the same thing): http://www.mpvclub.com/diy.php?id=82

These are great cars but love being looked after, if you do, then it will love you back, if not might as well gt rid of it :(
Couldn't have said it any better :)