Registered users
Registered users
Make: Mazda
Model: 929 Hardtop
Year: 89
Body Code: HC

89 HC central locking problem

Post by peterjammo » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:31 am

Every few days, when I unlock the car, the indicators flash as usual, but the passenger side ones stay permanently on. This has so far cleared after locking and unlocking repeatedly (sometimes many many times). The only wiring diagram I have is in the Chilton manual, but that isn't very helpful - maybe it's for the US model rather than the Aussie one? (amongst other things appears to suggests that I should have climate control, and that everything else is controlled by a CPU, which would surprise as I can hear relays latching). Any suggestions how to sort it? I was thinking that if it's expensive to fix, a workaround might be to disconnect the feed from the locking system to the indicators on that side. Anybody know where the locking module lives, and/or which wire feeds the passenger indicators?

Thanks in advance.
Matsuda9
Site Admin
Site Admin
Model: Luce
Year: 1988
Body Code: HCFS

Re: 89 HC central locking problem

Post by Matsuda9 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:38 am

as far as i know the Oz model did not have factory alarm/remote central locking...

i would look for an aftermarket alarm/immobiliser box, hopefully finding the brand and model and the net might be able to provide you with the wiring diagram for that alarm system.
JAY-929
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Model: 929
Year: 1988
Body Code: HC01

Re: 89 HC central locking problem

Post by JAY-929 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:05 am

Here is a wiring breakdown to hook up an alarm to an '88-'89 Mazda 929. Hopefully this can allow you to track down the wiring and see where they could be a possible fault.
What alarm do you have on your 929?
1988 MAZDA 929 HC SERIES 1 HARDTOP
CURRENTLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION