A/C Copreesor not engaging.

servman714
Registered users
Registered users

A/C Copreesor not engaging.

Post by servman714 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:45 pm

I recently had the compressor exchanges with a used unit. I had it recharges and the A/C blew ice cold for about a week. Then it quit working the compressor clutch stopped engaging. I took it Back to the shop that replaced it, he told me the fuse under the hood was blown ,leading to an electrical problem. I found that the fuse was not even in place, I installed one and ran the vehicle with the a/c engaged and the fuse never blew. The pressure in the lines is good and not dropping at all. My question is does anyone know if there is a compressor cutoff switch or something that would prevent the clutch engaging. If so Please reply and help me out. I can't afford to pay a mechanic to diadnose because I have Inflammatory Breast Cancer and live on a very thigh budget. I am familiar with the basic operations and am seriuosly hoping it is a cutoff switch of some sort. Just need a little guidance. Please Help

Thanks in Advance for all your input.
Ray
jitb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: A/C Copreesor not engaging.

Post by jitb » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:07 pm

i got ur solution!!

you are gonna have to jump the cutoff switch, like i did.

I can take pictures if you need..ill try to explain it the best way.

- open the hood
- look at the canister right behind the hood latch

*nevermind i just took a pic..:) that white connector, loop it with a paper clip or a wire with the a/c on and the car on, and it will cut the compressor back on.. and plug it back in...u will be good to go!
servman714
Registered users
Registered users

Post by servman714 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:37 am

Hey I tried the bypass you posted but it kept blowing the 15 amp fuse in the hood area right behind the battery. any ideas on what the problem could be. all posts and comments are appreciated.

Servman714
jitb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jitb » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:32 am

than i guess u have a short somewhere..and thats ur problem!

i guess you can make sure that the relay is the correct one first off.