Site Admin
Make: Mazda
Model: Luce
Year: 1988
Body Code: HCFS

JP: All-New Mazda Premacy Proves Popular in Japan

Post by Matsuda9 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:19 pm

via Mazda Corp Japan

- First-month orders more than four times the monthly sales target; 80 percent of customers choose i-stop -

HIROSHIMA, Japan—Mazda Motor Corporation today announced that it has received 7,240 orders for the all-new Mazda Premacy during its first month of sales in Japan. This result, achieved in the one month between the July 1 sales launch and August 1, 2010, is over four times the monthly sales target of 1,800 units. The all-new Mazda Premacy is a versatile and uniquely functional seven-seat minivan known overseas as the Mazda5.

Exceeding initial expectations, 80 percent of the orders have been for models with i-stop, Mazda’s unique idling stop system. The i-stop system is standard equipment on front-wheel drive 20E and 20S model grades.

Most buyers have been people in their thirties or forties who have families with young children. Customer feedback indicates that the main reasons for choosing the Premacy are its stylish exterior which is based on Mazda’s Nagare design language, excellent eco-friendly features such as i-stop, highly flexible seating arrangements, and its driver-friendly handling.

By model grade, the FWD 20S has been most popular, making up 55 percent of total orders. Its features include sporty exterior parts, i-stop and discharge headlights.

The most popular exterior colors have been Aluminium Metallic, the featured color Clear Water Blue Metallic, and Crystal White Pearl Mica. The most preferred factory-installed options have been power sliding doors, chosen by 85 percent of customers, and the rear view camera, selected by 45 percent of customers.

Mazda’s managing executive officer in charge of domestic business, Nobuhide Inamoto, said, “We are quite pleased that the all-new Mazda Premacy has attracted so many orders and far exceeded our sales plan. We expect that its popularity, and the high demand for Mazda’s unique i-stop idling stop system, will continue to drive our sales in Japan.”

Manufacturer’s suggested retail prices

Drive: 2WD (FF)
Grade: 20CS
Engine: 2.0L DOHC DISI
Transmission: 5-speed EC-AT (Activematic)
Price (yen): 1,799,000

Grade: 20E
Engine: 2.0L DOHC DISI (i-stop)
Price (yen): 1,920,000

Grade: 20S
Engine: 2.0L DOHC DISI (i-stop)
Price (yen): 2,099,000

Drive: 4WD
Grade: 20E
Engine: 2.0L DOHC
Transmission: 4-speed EC-AT
Price (yen): 2,109,000

Drive: 4WD
Grade: 20S
Engine: 2.0L DOHC
Transmission: 4-speed EC-AT
Price (yen): 2,314,000
- DISI: Direct Injection Spark Ignition