Site Admin
Make: Mazda
Model: Luce
Year: 1988
Body Code: HCFS

JP: Pre-Orders Start for All-New Mazda Premacy in Japan

Post by Matsuda9 » Thu May 13, 2010 11:32 am

Via Mazda Corp JP

HIROSHIMA, Japan—Mazda Motor Corporation began taking orders today for the all-new Mazda Premacy (known overseas as the all-new Mazda5) at all Mazda, Mazda Anfini and Mazda Autozam dealers throughout Japan. The sales launch is set for July 1, 2010. Sales of the four-wheel-drive (4WD) version will begin in early August. Manufacturer’s suggested retail prices (including taxes) range from 1,799,000 yen to 2,314,000 yen. Production of the two-wheel-drive (2WD) Premacy will commence today at Mazda’s Ujina Plant No.2 (U2) near the company headquarters in Hiroshima.

All-new Mazda Premacy (planned production model)

The Premacy minivan is one of the Mazda brand’s mainstay models in major markets around the world. It was initially launched in April 1999 and fully redesigned in 2005. Over 810,000 Premacy/Mazda5 units have been built to date.

The new, third generation Premacy features an emotional design that blends elegance with a dynamic spirit. It is Mazda’s first mass production model to fully adopt Nagare (meaning “flow” in Japanese) design language, which finds inspiration in the beauty of flowing shapes found in nature. Nagare design has appeared in certain elements of recent production models and was previously showcased in a series of concept cars.

The all-new Premacy’s design, based on flowing water, was first unveiled to the public at the Geneva Motor Show in March 2010, where it received high praise.

The stylish design is accompanied by a highly functional and flexible interior – including multiple seat arrangements and available dual power sliding rear doors – a smooth and sporty ride feel, and improved fuel economy. These attributes make the new Premacy minivan extremely eco-friendly and fun for every member of the family.

To further improve the environmental credentials of the all-new Premacy, the 20S and 20E two-wheel-drive model grades now include Mazda’s unique idling stop system, i-stop. As well as boosting fuel economy, i-stop ensures an extremely quick and smooth engine restart that is almost unnoticeable by the driver.

Mazda’s i-stop technology has been highly acclaimed since its introduction. Its list of awards includes the 2010 RJC Technology of the Year prize from the Automotive Researchers’ & Journalists’ Conference of Japan, the 2009 Eco-Products Award from Japan’s Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism (MLIT), the 2009 Technology Award from the Combustion Society of Japan, the Technological Development Award from the Society of Automotive Engineers of Japan (JSAE), and the Contribution Prize of the 42nd annual lchimura Industrial Awards.

Manufacturer’s suggested retail prices for models equipped with i-stop start at 1,920,000 yen.